http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4395/2635/320/solo1-remembe5r.jpg notes of yours truly: dreamin about the past

Monday, February 12, 2007

dreamin about the past




A past that never was
But all the characters were the same
My old flame
the one that drove me insane
with love
lust anger
rage passion
jealousy. Did i mention love?

There she was
not a reunion but
a comfortable return
she in my arms
lips pressed together
tight embrace
can't hold her tight enough

I wanted to bed her
but it seemed as though
I'd lost my chance
"you should have tried earlier"
I listen to After Everything
remember the daylight drives
I remember the after hours journeys
to the beach
listening to my favorite band ever, The Church.
We could go drifting off into the dunes
looking for signs from The Father
I do believe
That's what I saw.
In fact, I still have a relic from that day
it stays in my amulet jar
next to the quartz arrowhead
broken rosary that found its way around
my neck for a time
and a stone with a hole in it.

I appreciate the subtleties
the lost mercurical wisp of epiphany
passing by like a steam train
in the night
soft amber glow of the passenger windows
streak by on a daedaleum spinning
The flicker in a childs eye
soft smiles
and innocent laughter

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home