http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4395/2635/320/solo1-remembe5r.jpg notes of yours truly: Tangential Travel By Thought

Monday, November 13, 2006

Tangential Travel By Thought

Log in.
Lock on.
My sidewinder is growling.
"Kilo Mike Alpha, Do you copy?"
Cruising at angels 30
I want to engage
Just waiting for Hotel to copy

"Maintain angels 30 and disengage".
"What the Fuck, this enemy is clearly violating my airspace!"

Fuck it, I'm going full guns
I'm within range and taking this shot.

A blaze of irradiated shells
pierce their canopy and frame
disintegrating it's integrity in
about 100 rounds per second.

Awash in adrenaline
I am an ace in the hole
I'll put a spear right down
your last turbine
You'll be spewing JP5
down your nose
YO'll be gasping for your last breath
if I'm on patrol

Well, if that wasn't
the biggest load of tripe
Yeah here I am
typing my keys
finding the words to give
into my ascent into
what I do not care to know
what I do not even have the
capability to grasp
For here we are
we are here people
we are here
we are now
not later
not then
And I'd like to know
how this all merges
how we can throw our characters into
space and wait for an answer
an answer
like a SETI post
not defunct
but waiting
patiently and biding my time
with art and artifice
with flotsam and that shore shit
that washes on your sandy beaches
from centuries before

Blues.
I don't know how I got here.
Tangential travels of
clicks and scrolls
Like the seers before
beware the day
you stop fighting the
desire to just give in.

beware

And just then, like the hurried
ending to a meandering interlude
a stranger taps me on the shoulder
and asks the way to Denton and Foster.

I respond, "There's Church Street over to the
left and up the hill. it's a climb but you should find
what you're looking for there."

That was the last time I saw that
nomad.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home