http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4395/2635/320/solo1-remembe5r.jpg notes of yours truly: Day One. We Leave For Armageddon

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day One. We Leave For Armageddon

Drifting down that long dusty road
a long way to go
mystery on my right side
lust in the back

We're watching the night sky from the rolled down hood
the pale blue paint on the car is like neon against the full moon night.
hair in the cool arid breeze
i look into my rear view and exchange a desirous glance at the mistress
in my back seat

I ask Mystery if she's enjoying the ride.
she replies, "This reminds me what I dreamt about last night".
I try not to think about it too much - what she might be getting at.
She always had the ability to force me to finish what she was thinking.
and she'd always get the answer she wanted. How manipulative.

The gravel puncturing against the tires
the low rumble of the engine
the sweet smell of desert lilies punctuate my last sense
I could drive on this road for all the nights left in my life.

Hopefully the sun will never rise again.
I could stay here on this lunar plane.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Centuryhouse said...

Aaarggh. My comment got eaten - let me try again!

I appreciate the imagery you used in this. Some of my favorite experiences and a favorite recurring theme in my writing, is time spent driving a lonely highway at night with the windows down, cool air pouring in, stars above, etc. Beautiful!

Enjoyable reading.

Daniel

ps - I saw William Ackerman in your music list. I like everything you've got listed, but that one struck me as unusual. I've liked his stuff for a long time!

Fri Feb 16, 11:50:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Melquiades said...

yeah William Ackerman is good. I have the CD Conferring With The Moon. The guy is pretty prolific. He's also got what looks like a beautiful studio up in VT.

thanks for stopping by, Brian

Sat Feb 17, 04:21:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home