http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4395/2635/320/solo1-remembe5r.jpg notes of yours truly: People Sit Things Get Set

Saturday, June 02, 2007

People Sit Things Get Set

Remember the fair
The girls
the late night phone calls
threats from a concerned brother
I remember the conciliatory drop

I remember why I left that town
what a wasteland of distracted thought
I could've walked to the nearest rail
but what was I thinking
Fevered friends with a penchant for destruction
above the law
or so I thought
What dream
Remember an excursion only to be led to a creekside plunge
in the early part April
I thought this would be my demise
the "friends" were actually cohorts
to my death
I took the plunge in that creek
we all did for that matter
crazed and reaching for the next chapter
What a nightmare
Somehow the divinity led astray to freedom from that life
I thank you

This memory has suddenly forced
itself on my occipital lobe
an extreme flashback
Who was I then?
Who am I now?
I think more focused
free of the detritus
absolved of my sins
through action
purious thought
sweet dedication
loves found
loves lost
sweet singularity
and the escape of not having to
worry about some girl's opnion.
Women, they have been the lust and loss of my
half life's journey
free to be me now
free
just free

xoxoxoxoxooxoxox,
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home