http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4395/2635/320/solo1-remembe5r.jpg notes of yours truly: Dabbling in Rambling

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dabbling in Rambling

Lyrics strewn across
the crisp white,
crumpled sheets
Ink dribbled
blue on white
parchment
a wax seal
and the lost
independence
back into
the wilderness
willow grove
marsh lands
and the sweet
smell of earth
permeates your nostrils
can you remember
the mists
that clouded
your vision
and gave you
the gift of
hindered sight
remember tromping
through the sulken swamp
legs captured
by the rich humus
and entangling peat
not cane
not couch
not crucible
can set you free
you see we came here before
and we are here again
through the basin of time
and transdimensional travel
we appear
and disappear before
we are remembered
touching every nerve
and cell that surrounds
and contains the form
you travel in
that form you will give up
not as much as it gives up on you
and gives way to a lighter method
of travel
along the lines of poetry
and all the iambic pentameter
and free-form verse that
has come before you.
Rimbaud, Chaucer,
Gascoyne, Breton,
Pratinas, Erinna.....
I could've been left here lying
there in the road
trees beg forgiveness
for their witness
I could've broke free
from wisp air bindings
that held me up on the arctic summit
along the precipice
of what I was about to be
and who I was to become
I descended the river
black cold silent
followed it's langorous flow
gave into it's muddy waters
earthworm glow
the trains left the station
bliss has left my head
I'm leaving this planet
for things more blessed
Along with ones
who brought me here
You could say I've hitched this ride
But, I'm not above revealing
this curtained facade
Long Live The King.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home