http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4395/2635/320/solo1-remembe5r.jpg notes of yours truly: To be continued....

Saturday, October 07, 2006

To be continued....

I hope you haven't lost all hope
in stopping by and reading this automatic rant
I promise I'll be back in better form
than before we met last

I promise that I will give into the scribe
The one that feeds me
I can't just call it up willy-nilly
And if I could that wouldn't be any fun anyway

I like her mystery
let's keep in the shadows
where I'll find you on that hill
seaside breezes and bright gold towns
there she'll meet me
sometimes more
Sometime in the form of man
sometimes she is the squirrel
sitting on the rock
an acorn in her paws
wiry frame
her deep, black eyes
someone sent a message to me
I stood in a glade
surrounded by long forgotten battlegrounds
hallowed ground
I'd come here
drawn by unknown desire.
sad, dark thoughts
I stood in this glade
watching, waiting for something to appear
the woodland stood
quiet and insulated
If by the snap of nature's finger
the leaves began to move
there was movement all around me
from inside the soil arose an army of squirrels
all busy at what they were finding
lost treasures, spent casings
they tried to bury them as the soil
rejected them

I bend to see the tarnished locket
dulled by the century earthen cover
it is cold in my hand
Soft, moist clods of earth stick its surface
awaken a picture by prying the hinges free
A picture of a woman
who's alibaster skin with weighted determination
written on her expression
I imagined this soldier - her lover
lying awake in the encampment
gazing at her in the candlelight glow
saying a prayer
just before he blew out the candle
and feigned sleep
hoping only to return to her side

the squirrels came to me
ran up my limbs
sat on my arches and looked out over the forest
the sweet autumn breezes which i can only
hope that you know.
in fact go, take awalk in the woods
I want you to know that smell of earth
I want you to take a clump of it in your hand
and inhale
deeply
let it invoke memories of lives and entities past
smell the aerobic quality of it's life
then tell me how it feels to stand under the stars
looking up at that great big dome
and how the majic is alive
be silent for days upon end
there is strength in silence
go without and go within

you must learn to lose what you can
so you cannot lose what you need

This is my fortune.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home